Welcome to Derinkuyu, an underground city that once housed up to 20,000 people. In the Cappadocia region, famous for its cave dwellings and underground villages, Derinkuyu stands out for sheer size and complexity. Locals began digging in the 500s BCE. The city consists of over 600 doors, each of which can be closed from the inside. Each floor could be closed off as well. And just to make attacking completely impossible, the entire city was deliberately built without any logic. Its maze-like layout makes navigating the city nightmarish for unfamiliar invaders.
1. Commitment to improve. There are a lot of things I’m still a big baby about but, in general I try to put a lot of thought into my patterns and then push myself to be better, both artistically and behaviorally.
2. Bein’ positive!! I can be glum and blah about a lot of stuff and so to balance it out I try to be aggressively optimistic where I can. It gives me energy! Yeahhh punch life in the face!!
3. I try to withhold judgments about other people. It’s good to give people the benefit of the doubt, understand that they’re coming from different places and GOING different places than you, and even if you don’t enjoy hanging out with them it doesn’t mean either of you are bad people. I try to do the same with a lot of books and movies and stuff—just because I didn’t like something doesn’t necessarily mean it’s BAD, just that it wasn’t for me.
4. I really don’t understand making snippy comments about other peoples’ appearances, like—when people I know do it, it’s weird and disconcerting. Like why does that even matter, y’know? It’s just what they look like. It shouldn’t inform your opinion of the quality of their person. And furthermore, it’s a big planet with a lot of people on it and just because they aren’t attractive to you doesn’t mean they aren’t attractive to anyone, and furthermore maybe they don’t even care about being attractive to anyone so it just. It doesn’t matter, haha.
5. I love working. Being given a task and then completing that task gives me the biggest sense of satisfaction. It is shocking to realize how comfortable I am in a 9-5 job. Schedules are my lifeblood.
Okay, let me see, since prawnlegs tagged me in the last thing of these I did, I’m gonna return the favor. (And really, anyone/everyone else, it can be a nice exercise!)
I really, really didn’t want to have to do this, but I’m at the point where I have no other options. My work permit expired a few weeks ago and I’ve been informed that it’s not getting renewed and that there is nothing I can do to get it renewed. I’m pretty much stranded - I still have a residency permit, but that’s it. All I can do is exist.
My only option now is to get a study permit because I can still work on that (though only part time, as I have to be enrolled in full time studies to get the permit). Studying means I have to pay foreign student fees (which I can’t afford).
But that’s not what I’m asking; I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Right now I can’t afford to pay my rent. It’s only $350CAD a month, but I’m screwed if I can’t tide myself over until I can start working again.
So, here’s the thing:
I have an etsy account. I will take commissions for amigurumi as well as the beards. I can make you a custom set of rune stones - in any character set. Even tengwar. Sets of Newt Geiszler tattoo sleeves - or sleeves with a custom image!
I will write you literally anything for $5 ($10, if you want something longer than 2k words). I will, as limited as my style may prove to be, draw whoever you want for $2.
Get in touch with me and I’ll make you a full chainmail shirt in three weeks. I could do kingsweave in four.
If you don’t particularly want anything but still want to help out (because you’re genuinely an amazing person, if you do) I put a donate button on my blog or you can click right here.
I’ve seen tumblr work miracles before. Please, if you can’t help, at least share this.
(tl;dr - my work permit expired without a renewal and I can’t pay my rent - please help)
Holy smokes these are all great GREAT offers. Guys, PLEASE check this out, Jabber is good people and living abroad is hard and I’d hate to see bad stuff happen to them.
I couldn’t sleep last night, so I put my feverish night energy into trying to draw a perfect sparkledog w/o reference. wow. I’m pretty impressed with how well I retained the ability to draw pretty pastel dogs with hair. I should’ve given it more accessories though.
I encourage everybody, early 2000s deviantart tween crew or not, to try to draw a beautiful glamfur (and then show me)
This sparkledog reminds me of Lisa Frank art and therefore it is perfect
can flower beards be the next flower crowns?
I kinda want to do this.
i love how serious these men are like they have already come to terms with their terminal case of beard flower
there’s no recovery from this they gotta get shipped off to beard flower island and never come back and they’ve done all their crying and all that’s left is stoic resignation to their sad and floral-scented future